Termites damage wood! That is the problem! $5 billion worth of damage from termites is caused each year in the U.S. – damage not covered by most homeowners insurance.
It is wise to have your home inspected for termites to determine if there is activity and to receive advice on what strategies you can take to naturally lower your chance of having termites enter your home. By eliminating conducive conditions for termites you will increase the odds of never having an infestation.
Preventing an infestation of Subterranean Termites:
- Keep wood debris, lumber, and firewood away from your home.
- Don’t bury wood debris near your home.
- Remove infested trees and stumps.
- Repair leaking roofs and gutters.
- Make sure gutters are not clogged and are directed at least 10 feet away from the house.
- Grade soil so that water runs away from foundations.
- Ideally, wood siding, stucco and foam board should be at least six inches away from the ground.
- Avoid using mulch along the perimeter of your home.
Treatment for Termites
Should termites invade your home, you are dealing with an enemy that is subterranean and mainly out of sight. The colony lives in the ground from which worker termites invade structures weakening wood as a source of food for the members of the colony. An average colony numbers 60,000 individuals, with well-established colonies as many as a quarter of a million insects.
Our treatment will utilize a product called Termidor, manufactured by BASF. It is EPA approved and considered the most effective termiticide available on the market today. Termidor utilizes an advanced non-repellent, or “undetectable,” liquid technology. That means termites cannot see, smell, taste, or avoid it. Instead, they contact, ingest, and share Termidor, completely unaware that doing so will inevitably kill them. The unique “Transfer Effect” of Termidor throughout the colony elevates its effectiveness to a whole new level.
A treatment will consist of an entire exterior perimeter treatment including trenching, rodding and drilling for sub-slab injection. Termidor will be pressure injected into the soil around the exterior perimeter of the foundation.
Contact Main Line Exterminating today – Our work is guaranteed to solve your problem.